College Courses – High School/Dual Credit/Jump Start
Qualified high school students are eligible to participate in college courses and in some cases can receive dual credit. Connections allotment can help fund these classes. Juniors and Seniors may also be able to take advantage of substantial discounts through the Jump Start program. See your advisor for questions regarding eligibility for college courses, deadlines, etc. College Textbooks must be returned to Connections if paid for out of the students allotment.
Guidelines for taking College Courses through Connections:
- Take Accuplacer at KPC. Contact your local campus to sign up. Seats fill up early! *ACT/SAT scores can also be used in lieu of Accuplacer scores if they are less than a year old.
- Bring scores to your Connections advisor who will recommend classes for which you are academically prepared, and help you determine what classes will be accepted by KPBSD towards your high school graduation requirements.
- Get the “High School Student Waiver” signed by your advisor and you parent.
- Complete the “What you need” steps on the waiver form.
- Attend “Advising & Signature” session and “Registration” session or make an appointment with a KPC counselor.
- Choose your method of payment for courses:
Connections Direct Payment
- Submit “KPC Student Schedule/Bill” to your Connections advisor (via email or in person)
- Get “Payment Authorization” form from your advisor
- Submit “Payment Authorization” form to KPC before the first day of class
- Parent/student pays for Health Center Fee and Student Activity Fee
- Grade will automatically be reported to Connections
- Pay KPC for the full amount of course
- Submit Reimbursement form and “KPC Student Schedule/Bill” showing payment
- Connections will reimburse you for the fees (less the Health Center and Student Activity fees)
- Grade will need to be submitted to Connections at the end of the semester for credit to be issued
Download the Form
- Click on the link below to download a copy of the form, save it to your computer, fill it out, and print it. (Forms cannot be submitted online at this time)
- All forms are in Adobe PDF format. If you don’t have Adobe Reader you can download it free here.
- Need help filling out and signing these electronic forms, watch this Tutorial for Fillable Documents & Electronic Signature.